Press Release on behalf of Deborah Dark
The following is a Press Release by Kaim Todner Solicitors Ltd on behalf of Deborah Dark:
- We acted for our client Deborah Dark in extradition proceedings
brought by the Crown Prosecution Service pursuant to a European
Arrest Warrant issued by the Court of Appeal in Pau, France.
- After hearing her case, the City of Westminster Magistrates' Court
ordered our client's discharge in these proceedings on 6 April 2009.
- Our client had previously been discharged by a Spanish Court on 20
October 2008 in extradition proceedings in Madrid after having been
arrested in Alicante Airport under the same European Arrest Warrant.
- In light of the above two independent judicial decisions, it is a matter of
principle that our client ought to be able to travel free from fear of further
arrest under the same European Arrest Warrant.
- We are currently corresponding with the Home Office and will be in
contact with the French Embassy with respect to this matter.
End of Press Release
Monday, July 27, 2009
Top of page